- 500 g Green ume(plum)
- 1 l Water
- 400 g Sugar
- 600 ml Water
- a lot Love
- Wash green plums carefully, remove the stems and drain off.
- Poke holes lightly all over the plums with a bamboo skewer.
- Put the plums in a pan without overlapping, pour in enough water to cover the plums, and heat over low heat.
- When the water in step 3 reaches about 50degrees Celsius (about the level where you feel hot when you put your hand in the water), discard the water.
- Repeat 4 three times to remove the scum.
- Dissolve 600 ml of water and sugar in a saucepan to make syrup.
- Add 5 to 6, cover with a cooking sheet, and simmer over low heat for about 30 minutes.
- When the heat is removed, transfer the plums to a container and fill it with the cooking liquid to the brim and store it.
I run a cooking school “Kura Cooking” in Iwakura City, Aichi Prefecture. I love “eating,” “searching for delicious food,” “making delicious food,” and “creating new dishes,” and I love to entertain people with my cooking ideas. If you are interested in Kura Cooking. Please contact us and we will be waiting for you in our classroom which is renovated warehouse built more than a century ago.